Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Little Time to Play!

My poor craft studio has been sitting lonely and neglected all winter long. It's been too cold to go "all the way out there." And most days there's not enough time! But I've been missing my "play time" and so has Ruthi. So last week we decided we NEEDED to spend some time out there! And that's exactly what we did.

I spent a couple hours cleaning and doing a little bit of organizing. It is an enclosed room, but it's in the "barn" and still gets dusty and a little dirty. Plus, there were a few 8-legged visitors that had apparently perished in the cold. They had to be cleaned out, along with their webs.

That was all the time I had to spend out there that day, and now that it was all clean, I couldn't wait to get back out there to play! We've now been out there a few times for a couple hours at a time, and it feels GREAT to be crafting again!

I always feel like I don't have time to go out there because there's always so much to do in the house! But I'm doing my best to "allow" some crafting time several days a week, because it makes me so happy! And if I'm happy with that, it carries over into everything else!

So to make this work, I am actually scheduling time to craft. Today I knew there were a few things that HAD to get done. So my incentive to get them done more quickly was knowing that I could reward myself with some studio time. And then I set a time limit for how long I can be out there (and try to stick to it!) so I lose all track of time and fail to get other things done.

Hopefully I can motivate myself this way - to keep things taken care of in the house, and to make time to go play! It works both ways!

I've had fun making cards again, but I don't have any pictures to share yet, because I've lost the charger to my camera. I could take pictures with my phone, but they just don't look as nice, so I'm holding off taking pictures.

I'll be ordering a new charger this week (which means I'll find mine!) and will share the pictures as soon as I can!

I've joined a ribbon club over a year ago, and get these beautiful and fun ribbons in the mail each month. Not that I've had a lot of time to do anything with them, but even when I did, I didn't want to open them up and use them yet. I just liked admiring them! But I've finally broken into a few packages and used some on the cards I've been working on.

I love the fun colors and designs they send. They are so pretty! (But this picture does not do them any justice!)



If you are interested in getting some great ribbon for a reasonable price, you should check out Really Reasonable Ribbon.
(I'm not affiliated with them in any way - I just love their ribbons!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments...they make my day! So please consider commenting to let me know you were here!
Due to spam, comment moderation is on, so it may take a while for your comment to show up.

LinkWithin